Your new company
You’ll be working for a reputable market-leader within the telco industry who is looking for a Senior Transport Specialist to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia due to company expansion. With an aggressive growth plan and the vision to become a better leader in its field, it continues to gain market share over its competitors.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead & own development of target architecture & 3-5 years technology roadmap for Transport Network in supporting 2G/3G/4G/5G services, home, enterprise and wholesale business in Maxis
- Lead the development of technical details underpinning transport network strategies
- Lead the technology assessment, development of cost modelling, business cases, RFI/RFT specifications, undertake vendor evaluations, conduct technology trials of promising emerging/new technologies and to provide sound technical recommendations to senior management and bring into business as usual if approved.
- Review and enhance transport network design principles/policies, upgrade triggers/policies, to ensure optimised for just-in-time upgrade balancing customer experience, cost and quality.
- Lead the development of technical requirements and solutions for introduction of new network capabilities to enable new and innovative services, enhanced customer experience and potential revenue streams, and ensuring cross-functional and cross-departmental alignment.
- Track and assess impact of the standardisation initiatives of major standards organizations, like 3GPP, ETSI and IETF etc. Analyse, develop and evaluate the network and business implications of these present and future standards. Represent the company at relevant technical industry forum, alliances, and standards groups such as MTFSB/MCMC working group committee if necessary
- Provide new technology consultancy and knowledge sharing through Technical Papers, Academy initiatives, presentation to senior management, briefings to business units and focused discussion
What you need to do now
- Have deep understanding of the end-to-end architecture and technology options for transmission networks such as microwave, core network, mobile network, data network and IT network.
- Have an understanding of the current and future network requirement and able to evaluate the network and business implications, opportunities and threats of these future transport network technologies.
- Have 12-15 years of experience in the telecommunication industry, experience in a role of a similar capacity will be advantageous
Click ‘apply now’ if you are interested in this role. For further details or a confidential discussion on the other opportunities in banking, please contact Elvin Wong at 0327868600 or email email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. #1230118