Your new company
A subsidiary of a Japanese MNC Pharmaceutical group which was formed in Malaysia that specializes in the development and manufacturing of pharmaceutical products.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Oversee all daily aspects of QC laboratory including but not limited to sample collection, testing, and implementation/documentation of assays and microbiological tests. Provide evaluation of the overall validity of the analytical and microbiological tests results reported.
- Review and approve technical reports, test methods and procedural documents.
- Generate certificate of analysis and review stability reports.
- Serve as the QC lead and provide analytical support to all related departments for analytical method & manufacturing process technical transfer, in-process testing strategy, analytical and process comparability assessments.
- Functions as a subject matter expert (SME) within the analytical laboratory and provide support whenever required. Performs instrument/method troubleshooting within analytical method parameters.
- Establish continuous improvement of QC activities through regular reviewing of SOPs, test protocols & specifications, including interfacing with colleagues to ensure effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented for any recurring product/process discrepancies, reviewing internal SOPs/policies to align with industry standards related to analytical method and reagent lifecycle and Improving GMP compliance and documentation.
What you'll get in return
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) Honours or equivalent discipline.
- A strong technical background, and proven track record in Quality Control.
- Minimum 5-6 years working experience in manufacturing of pharmaceutical/OTC/cosmetic/healthcare-related industry preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in a pharmaceutical/OTC/cosmetic/healthcare-related product manufacturing facility. The role will interface with other stakeholders particularly Manufacturing and Quality Assurance (QA) departments to ensure Company procedures and industry guidelines are followed.
- Proficient knowledge on quality control systems & equipment like HPLC, GC, FTIR and UV spectrophotometer.
- Proficient knowledge in analytical testing of drug substances and formulations, and of computer systems for sample tracking, laboratory equipment, raw data handling and storage.
- Proficient knowledge in microbiological related tests such as the microbiological enumeration test, micro assay, water and environmental tests.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with demonstrated ability to manage several projects simultaneously is a must.
- Ability to effectively plan and organize work activities and prioritize task completion to adhere to schedules and deadlines.
- Ability to work with multi-departmental team and personnel at various levels in the facility.
- Excellent supervisory skills with the ability to coach and mentor staff in order to develop skills and competencies required to meet business needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills: oral/written and listening.
- Pharmaceutical GMP knowledge.
What you need to do now
- Attractive remuneration package.
- Part of a globally known organization.
- Dynamic working culture and opportunity to grow within the organization.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or email to Isaac.Ho@hays.com.my. Alternatively, give the number a call for a more elaborated discussion on the opportunity.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1221202