Your new company
This multinational, high-end oil & gas company is famous for its aspirational and exceptional engineering services. Its office in Kuala Lumpur offers a world-class working environment and is looking for a permanent Principal Structural Engineer to join the team due to market growth.
Your new role
- Perform as technical advisor for Structural, Architectural and Naval Architectural project team in developing design related deliverables (documents/drawings) to meet project and client requirements.
- Review and give advice/assistance in Structural analysis and calculation design
- Support tender team for offshore oil and gas field development projects tenders with specialist knowledge.
- Review structural design calculations according to project/tender requirements
- Review and approve Structural and Naval Architectural design calculations and proposal for temporary equipment installations and sea-fastenings prepared by project teams and 3rd party design consultants.
- Be able to review specifications for Structural design on varying types of greenfield and brownfield offshore platform , vessel and onshore field and also for modifications
- Act as a Mentor to Engineers and Drafting staff.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be able to meet with, approach new and existing clients to interpret their needs into describable tasks that can be carried out, subsequently deliver and fulfil the client’s requirements while at all times promoting the company’s capability to leverage more work from the client.
- Possess a bachelor degree or masters in Structural Engineering or Civil Engineering or equivalent
- Registered with BEM and having Professional Engineer (PE) certification is mandatory
- Technical Specialist level in Oil and Gas industry with Fixed and Floating structures experience required.
What you need to do now
- Hands-on experience in analysing results from technical software.
- Expert in implementation of international and local codes and standards, i.e. API, WSD, LRFD, NORSOK, etc.
- Expert in implementation of international and local Oil & Gas company standards, i.e. PETRONAS PTS, SHELL DEP, EMEPMI DIM, TOTAL, etc.
- Must be well versed in all lifecycle of O&G development projects, Concept, FEED and DDE
Click ‘apply now’ if you are interested in this role. For further details or a confidential discussion on the other opportunities in banking, please contact Elvin Wong at 0327868600 or email email@example.com [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org] . At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. #1220642