Life Medical Underwriter with a market leader life insurance group based in Malaysia
YOUR NEW COMPANY
This organisation is a market leader in the Asia-Pacific region and is famous for its exceptional life insurance premiums. With an aggressive growth plan and the vision to become a better leader in its field, several permanent Life Medical Underwriters are needed to join the team in the Malaysia office.
YOUR NEW ROLE
In this job you’ll be responsible for accurately underwrite all medical insurance products by assessing risks according to company guidelines and regulations. You will have the opportunity to accept, modify or decline a risk by evaluating an individual’s medical history or physical condition, occupational hazards, financial background, insurable interest and other information. Seek to improve individual quality scores with time (TAT), productivity target and accuracy level will be a constant in this position.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- More than 2 years of experience in Life/Medical Underwriting, medical lab or bioscience related work scope or more than 5 years in nursing, or any relevant medical background.
- An eye for detail and possessing excellent communication skills
- The ability to maintain a commercial approach to every aspect of your role and lead from the front
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN
In return for your dedication and hard work, you’ll be rewarded with:
- Expanding your work scope and experience in Insurance within Life Medical Underwriting to drive the business
- Excellent career support and leadership training
- Lead and transform the strategy and future of a well-established team
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO NOW
Click ‘apply now’ if you are interested in this role. For further details or a confidential discussion on other opportunities in Insurance, please contact Jean Cheng at Hays on +60 3 2786 8600 or email Jean.Cheng@hays.com.my
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Jean Cheng, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Kuala Lumpur