Your new company
This organisation is a regional OEM sales hub for rotating equipments in the South East Asia countries – Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Philippines.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Pre-commissioning and hot commissioning of turbo machinery and its auxiliaries
- Supports the customer in all questions related to commissioning of the company supplied equipment
- Controls and coordinates correct interaction between turbo machinery and customer process
- Instruction of customer personnel related to operation and maintenance
- Documentation and reporting on site work
- Site management responsibility from mechanical completion of the company equipment until hand over to the client.
- Solving problems if required with support of the company headquarters/ region
- Responsible for implementation and upholding safety and quality control on site
- Lead for start up and testing of new installations/erections or overhauled units of rotating equipment including mechanical part
- Fault finding and trouble shooting of ‘in-service’ machinery
- Monitor field sequence activities based on agreed scope and schedule and report regularly to office.
- Handover to the customer of the machinery after job completion
- Work with Field Service Manager and other members of field service department on the project
- Identify main components of the equipment / system and explain the working principles of these parts
- Read and understand drawings, wiring diagrams and PID`s
- Perform service / overhaul commissioning tasks on turbomachinery and its auxiliary systems
What you need to do now
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline
- Extensive knowledge and experience of relevant commissioning of electro-mechanical, instrumentation, control systems and pressurized systems
- Extensive experience in operation, maintenance and management of rotating equipment.
- Hands-on knowledge of PLC systems and programming of ladder logic, function block or other PLC’s programming language and with good understanding in technical drawing
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to lead, manage and motivate staff
- Good oral, written and presentational skills in English language
- Good leadership and teamwork abilities
- Good analytical skill and decision making
- Good ability to accurately convey technical data and information into written reports
- Excellent computer literacy (Word, Excel, MS-Project etc.)
- Prepared to travel and work at times under difficult conditions
- Good communication skills and understanding in English in conversation with company internal departments, customers, subcontractors, as well as in writing.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.