Your new company
You’ll be working for a reputable market-leader within the telco industry who is looking for a Facility Strategy Specialist to be based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia due to company expansion. With an aggressive growth plan and the vision to become a better leader in its field, it continues to gain market share over its competitors.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Develop mid-long term network facilities (BTS/Hub/TOC/DC power, space, battery backup, ancillaries) strategy roadmap, architecture and evolution for mobile/fixed networks
- Review and recommend enhancement to BTS/Hub/TOC design/operation/management to improve cost efficiency. E.g., optimize power efficiency and management
- Accountable for Long Range Plan and budget planning for BTS/hub/TOC power, space, battery backup, ancillaries etc.
- Ensure, review & revise optimum power, space design criteria and lead time to upgrade to cater for business growth needs.
- Develop and update policies, guidelines & specifications for BTS/Hub/TOC/DC. Ensure policies, guidelines & specifications and compliance to laws, safety & security requirements.
- Accountable for assess/evaluate new technologies for facilities (power, battery backup, ancillaries etc.) & its technology eco-system and recommend right technology for deployment at right time. Including formulating investment proposal for new technologies.
- Lead/support new business opportunities exploration and evaluation. Formulate views on opportunities and threat to company’s business and recommend what’s possible
What you need to do now
- Have good technical knowledge and experienced in operating and maintaining data centres facilities with good understanding of the architecture and technologies involved
- Have good ability to plan and optimize the engineering and technical design of data centres
- Ability to predict economic/market trends and plan for company’s network expansion for the coming 3-5 years and also modernise and introduce new technologies to ensure company remains at the forefront of the industry
- Have 8-12 years of experience in the telecommunication industry, experience in a role of a similar capacity will be advantageous
- Have good business acumen and communication skills and able to conduct business development and bring in cases for management consideration
Click ‘apply now’ if you are interested in this role. For further details or a confidential discussion on the other opportunities in engineering, please contact Elvin Wong at 0327868600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. #1230120