Your new company
Leading tea grower in Malaysia with several tea and oil palm plantations - they are manufacturer with both domestic and international distribution for its products.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Plan and allocate resources, both manpower and materials; especially in an environment where labour may be short of optimum.
- Prepare annual budgets and manage expenditure in line with approved budgets
- Advise on infrastructure and capital expenditure requirements.
- Draw up detailed work plans in line with the annual work programmes and ensure that these are carried out in a cost effective and labour efficient manner
- Ensure proper field maintenance including the appropriate application of agro-chemicals to improve yield and ensure residues are well within mandatory limits.
- Ensure smooth /efficient operation of the Estate. Preventative maintenance of machinery and vehicles are carried out accordingly.
- Manage replanting and infilling as and when required
- Ensure the accuracy of the estate accounts and proper management of stores; adhere to Company’s directives and SOPs and provide reports as required by EHQ on time.
- Ensure staff and workers welfare and compliance with labour laws and all occupational safety and health regulations.
- Develop and mentor assistant and staff.
What you need to do now
- Bachelor’s Degree/Post Graduate Diploma/Professional Degree in Plantation/Agricultural Science or related discipline
- Minimum 7 years’ working experience in plantation sector
- Manager specialized in oil palm
- High discipline quality, mature personality, self motivated and strong interpersonal skills
- Dynamic and high degree of integrity
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1205388