Your new company
The company is known to many as the top property development and investment company in Malaysia. The company has been able to make a name for itself through a diversified business portfolio in multiple industries, varying from investment to retail to even private education. They have been solely focusing on creating spaces that allows a sense of connectivity and convenience for families, neighbours, and the community. With that, they are now in search for the next Deputy Director in Design to help elevate the company brand.
Your new role
Being the deputy director for this company will require you to mainly focus on taking charge and leading the deliverance of projects related to the designs of multiple projects varying in types and sizes in all phases in your assigned locations. In accepting the position, you will need to take up on the roles and responsibilities which would be:
- Leading the design management team by working with several business units which consists of the Project Management, Mechanical & Electrical and Sales & Marketing teams in conducting and managing external consultants, vendors, and contractors responsible on the company’s design guidelines as well as the deliverance of the projects.
- Ensuring high quality delivery of development projects in terms of master plan, concept, building and interior designs in accordance with the industrial best practice as well as the company’s strategies and customer value proposition.
- Building relationships and engaging with the company’s stakeholders regarding briefing documents, design reviews and project milestones.
- Involvement in the coordination and preparation of documents, such as proposals and contract, to obtain approvals from the authority.
- Managing a mid-size to large design team while mentoring juniors to intermediate staff by assigning and monitoring the completion of their tasks.
There are also a few basic traits that are expected of you if you are up for the role where you will need:
What you'll need to succeed
- The ability to come up with solutions that is able to portray high creativity, enhance the company’s brand value and satisfy customers ‘requirements.
- Consistency in sustaining credibility, design, and architectural capabilities as well as ability in building collaborative professional relationships with multiple internal and external stakeholders.
- Good adaptability towards organisational challenges involved with the company’s growth in project in various locations and the transitions into a structured operating model.
- Ability to increase technical expertise in virtual buildings modelling as well as a wide range of applications by accessing high quality design through the use of applications, media and the latest technology.
The company will need you to meet a set of requirements to be able to proceed to be accepted for the role:
What you need to do now
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture or/and is a Registered Malaysia Architect under AIA or RIBA.
- A minimum 12 year or professional experience in architectural practice and design management in either an architecture firm or property development company.
- Strong knowledge and detailed comprehension on the authority approval process and engagement with the authorities and government agencies.
- Basic understanding of the appropriate legal and regulatory frameworks which includes environmental and Fire Services Act as well as comprehending the town planning policy and practice, specifically relating to development projects.
- Is tech-savvy in software systems such as Microsoft Office, AutoCAD, Revit or Photoshop.
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #1232458