Who you will be working for
Your future employer is a subsidiary of a top bank in Germany, specializing in Trade Services handling foreign trade. They are currently in the midst of restructuring their processing centres and are moving those centres to be centralised in Malaysia due to the pool of talent available here. They are expanding their team of database admins/engineers to their ever growing needs.
What you will be working on
Your main responsibility would be to ensure that their main databases are up and running with very little downtime while ensuring the databases are always up-to-date and performing with optimal efficiency. You will be working with Oracle, MSSQL and Sybase Database environments. You will also be working in either one of 2 time zones (Asia or Global), in normal working hours. (9am - 6pm)
What you'll need to succeed
What you'll get in return
- Proficiency in either one of the 4 main database (Oracle, MSSQL, Microsoft, Sybase)
- Banking/Financial Industry experience is a bonus
- Ability to work ad-hoc after office hour support/standby (On-call)
What you need to do now
- Opportunity to work with a global team that will work hand in hand with your time zones.
- Good compensation package
- Good culture with work-life balance (European team to handle additional work)
- Growing business to ensure a good career growth
I am a Consultant from Hays Technology, specialising in IT Infrastructure for Kuala Lumpur, helping tech professionals develop their careers and ensuring organisations are supported by top talent. My passion for this space stems from building a business on strong principles of customer service and delivery.
At Hays Technology, we are shaping the future of recruitment. We are constantly speaking to organisations who rely on the optimisation of their Infrastructure, and the professionals who build them. So whether you are hiring for your team, or looking to take the next step in your infrastructure career, talk to us today.