Your new company
Our client is an international corporation seeking an Assistant Procurement Manager to support the Head of Procurement in enhancing the Procurement function.
Your new role
You will be responsible for full-scale end to end management of the Procurement function, including commercial and contractual risk identification and mitigation. You will act as Business Partner to the various business units, ensuring knowledge gaps are addressed strategically for cost-management, as well as Business Development to suppliers. You will also ensure your team fulfils their obligations from a support-function perspective.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree and related experience in Procurement, preferably with a background in Manufacturing / FMCG / Hospitality
- Category knowledge: CAPEX, Facilities Management , HSSE/Maintenance
- Minimum 7 years in Procurement, with a hands-on attitude and modus operandi
- Experience in e2e Tender management (both OPEN and CLOSED tenders)
- Good business acumen and a strong network of local suppliers
- Proven experience in difficult stakeholder management
- Candidates must be willing to work near Nilai
At Hays, we value diversity and are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply.
What you'll get in return
Accelerated career progression at leadership level, extensive exposure in the sector, and a competitive remuneration and benefits package
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.