Your new company
My client is a MNC in the metal industry. They are looking for a seasoned Metallurgist to join the team as an Assistant Manager. Successful candidates should come with at least 7 years metallurgy experience with hands on exposure in process and improvement for heat treatment and / or relevant hardening processes.
Your new role
What you'll need to succeed
- Lead a team in managing overall operations and development of the heat treatment department
- Drive output efficiency and quality from all furnaces through optimization of internal processes
- Spearhead project management, continuous improvement and cost reduction
- Ensure company's standards and safety regulations are adhered to
- Maintain laboratory quality procedures, guidelines and specifications
- Define and monitor measures of success and development of continuous improvement
What you need to do now
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical Engineering / Metallurgy, Material Science or equivalent
- At least 7 years experience in process / metallurgy department
- Hands on with handling calibration, measuring equipment and CQI-9 Heat Treatment System Assessment
- Traits: Self-starter, persistent, ability to grow others, team player, target oriented
- Project management experience
- Lean 6 Sigma is an advantage - green or, black belt
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.